Thursday, November 10, 2016

422 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ 
*Letting Go*
"Now you are the body of Christ and each one of you is a part of it." 1 Corinthians 12:27

I'm feeling sad in this moment. I watched people completely turn on each other last night. This is not what God wants. 

One of my very best friends of thirty years let me go as a friend  because of our different political views. She said if I don't vote her way and support her then she can't be my friend anymore. It's like a death to me.  Listen I'm sad but 422 days ago this would have ripped my heart out. I do not put my faith in people but in God above. He has truly strengthen my roots to weather these ugly storms. 
Let me fill you in on a little secret. Me and my husband had different votes for presidents this year. Yesterday morning he still kissed me good bye! He still loves me!  
I texted him last night saying this: 
"I need you to know how proud I am that you are my husband. Facing people crap all over people over this election and shaming them for their vote. Thank you for not being a part of that movement."
He texted me back saying this: 
"Love you. Even though we don't agree on everything.  Why would one want to be with someone who does?"
The Challenge: 
Our differences are what makes us complete! Our differences are what makes us stronger and our differences are what challenges us to be better people! Gods intention is for his people to complete each other! Remember that the next time you easily dismiss a persons value to your life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment