Monday, December 10, 2018


Black Pepper Cookies 

I have this vivid memory of me sitting in first grade. It was around the holidays and the teacher asked us (her class) to share ingredients that go into making cookies. 
Children around me raised their hands. They said things like sugar, salt, flour. water, food coloring. As I listened I felt energized to raise my hand and share an ingredient. The teacher called upon me and asked me what ingredient I would like to share and add to the list on the board. I proudly said, “Pepper!” I heard giggles from around the room. The teacher then said, “No, I don’t think pepper goes into making cookies,” and then moved onto the next child raising their hand. 
There was a tall boy in the class and for what seemed like the next two years he would constantly tease me about sharing pepper as an ingredient. I would just shrink back in embarrassment each and every time. 

Tonight, I was watching a holiday cookie baking show and there they were a new delight - Ginger Cookies with (you guessed it) Black Pepper! My soul sang and yes black pepper in cookies is a trending concept. 

Do not get discouraged if others do not see your vision! That vision was gifted to you on purpose and for a good reason! 

Trust the visions God places upon your heart! Those visions are there on purpose!!!!

💜

Lea Michelle






No comments:

Post a Comment