Monday, September 11, 2017

563 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ 
*In Memory of 911*
Do not be afraid I am with you. Isaiah 43:5

Today is 9-11 and I shared this on my wall: 

I was a sophomore in college at the University of Iowa and only 19 years old. I woke up alone in my dorm room. As I left a girl in my hall said, "Did you hear?" "Hear what," I said, very confused. She then told me that two planes crashed into the twin towers in New York City. 
I got into the bus and felt very small. In our class everyone was so quiet. That afternoon my friend Megan McFadden sat in the IMU staring and balling her eyes out at the tv. Someone took her picture of her watching the twin towers burn on tv.  Her picture ended up being in all the news papers world wide. She was so very emotional while I just felt confused and numb.  I am not sure why I felt so out of touch but for me it didn't feel real.  
The Challenge: 

911 Where Were You?  There is no guarantees that hardships and scary times won't come but God promises he's right by our side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment