Tuesday, October 18, 2016

402 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ: 
*A Happy Homemaker*
Her children rise up and call her blessed. Her husband also and he praises her. Proverbs 31:28

Somehow I have finally accomplished it, I have learned to slow down. God asked me to slow down and it took me awhile to really embrace what slowing down in a modern society looks like. 
I have adopted a 1950's housewife approach since 1950's was known as the "Happy Homemaker" era. I know some of my friends will roll eyes and scoff but doing this has helped me slow down and I happily accept. I have stepped back from many obligations, I do not answer all calls that come through on my phone and I have lowered my expectations of what my social life looks like.
In doing these things I have found more time to keep up with my home, make meals, play with my children and you know what this alone is enough. I didn't think it was and the world told me its not enough but its truly enough for me for now! Im also finding time to do the things I love which include writing, drawing, praying and dancing. 
By adopting a 1950's mentality I have been able to be okay with stepping back from the modern world. I have found core peace in this slower paced life. A simple life is all I prayed for and here it finally is! 
The Challenge: 
We all need to make slowing down more of a priority. This is where healing begins. This is when we find the time to sit down, pray and realize there is so much more to life then phones, calendars, jobs, shopping, appointments, socializing and the list goes on. Remove some obligations in your life, reboot and feel more at peace in the very hectic world that we DO NOT have to embrace! 


No comments:

Post a Comment