Wednesday, October 26, 2016

407 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ
*Fools Hate Wisdom*
"The wise shall inherit glory; but shame shall be the promotion of fools." Proverbs 3:35

I took time this afternoon to dive in and read the first three chapters of Proverbs. For me and what I want to share with the world is it's not about the quantity of what you read but the quality.
Sometimes the Holy Spirit will move us during one simple passage. Sometimes our soul craves more and so you keep reading. When I go to read the Bible I do not put criteria onto myself but rather let the Holy Spirit to guide my learning for the day.
Today Proverbs taught me that fools are those who despise seeking wisdom. Fools do not want to gain knowledge for the knowledge that God shares can dry up everything they believe they stand for. What one stands for can be lies the enemy has sewn into them, like branding his name with a burning iron onto their arm.

I used to be quite the party girl. I loved dancing in clubs, on bars, flirting, getting attention from men and laughing with my friends about how drunk we were. This was my life. This is the life of many. This is what our culture has made the norm but there is an emptiness that lies there. Truth is I was foolish.  I didn't want to read the Bible because I didn't want to change who I was. Gaining the wisdom of the lord means you must change.... right? So I ignorantly thought. Now I know the truth! Gaining wisdom from the Lord means you WANT to change! You want to seek the glory of Gods righteousness! The wise know shame comes in the morning to those who have been burnt and branded by the fallen angel of lies.
The Challenge:
Foolishness is a curse upon those who do not want to seek wisdom that the  Lord has mercifully given unto us. Be wise and seek his glory. Flee from foolishness as no fruit will ever bear there.

No comments:

Post a Comment