Thursday, March 1, 2018

628 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ 
-Giving up Meat- 
So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:29

I have abstained from eating meat for a month now and I honestly feel so much better. I feel as though my depression is lifting. Feel as though a blanket of fog has lifted off my brain. Why have I given up meat? In the old testament God warned his people that meat can be contaminated even unclean. (We know some of our meat now a days has large amounts of carcinogens in it!) I understand this was not God condemning all meat and it’s not one of the commandments to not eat meat, but I also know Gods original plan was not mass killing of animals and wasting their remains. I believe in eating animals for great purpose of nourishment to body but only if we are very thankful and do it for the glory of God and nourishing His temple (our bodies). 

I now work at a steakhouse at night and I see so many people waste food. I scrape off dead bloody flesh from plates into the garbage can. My stomach hurts thinking an animal gave its life just to go to waste, devalued and under appreciated! I don’t think the Lord approves of our entitled, wasteful and ungrateful culture. 
The Challenge: 
What are your thoughts on meat and giving up meat? Site bible references and discuss with another friend or family member today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment