Tuesday, April 11, 2017

508 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ
*Fasting*
So I turned to the Lord God and pleaded with him in prayer and petition in fasting. Daniel 9:3

I have taken some time off of writing daily and I must admit I missed it. This is my daily time with God and I am happy to get back to blogging!
I have so much to share but I will start back with sharing about my first time ever fasting. I know the Bible speaks of the importance of fasting and so I knew in order to talk about it I would need to experience it for myself. I had entered into a 3 Day FAST with only drinking water. I never promised God I would complete the three days but I sure tried. I did great the first 36 hours but then it hit me: I was at the gym and started to feel as though I was going to pass out. It scared me but then I remembered fasting is a time to press into the Lord to let him fill you up. Instead of panicking I surrendered in prayer, on the floor, and asked God to strengthen me.
I pleaded with God in prayer and then this colorful image of an eagle appeared in my mind. The Lord was telling me, "Stay strong, rise up and I will carry you." It was so clear! I got up and felt so much better after that moment. I lasted fifty hours in fasting and I tell you what food never tasted so good once I started eating again
The Challenge:
Try to do a three day water cleanse and fast. Press into the Lord and take note when he gives you his strength during the weak moments of your personal FAST time!

No comments:

Post a Comment