Saturday, April 29, 2017

517  Days Saved - A Walk with Christ
Bye Bye Zoloft
My help comes from the Lord. Psalm 121:2

Sometimes it takes a long time to for true healing to begin. When I started this journey nearly two years ago now I knew it would take great effort to learn how to unravel all the lies from Satan and exchange my negative worldly thoughts with the truth Jesus gifts.
Prior to being Saved I was having major anxiety. I'm a perfectionist and having two children was like being in a snow globe and being all mixed up. As time progressed the globe began to settle more and more. I actually sought help from a Doctor and went on a mild anti depressant called Zoloft. This drug was actually something that helped save me. For the first time in my life I felt focused and not so overwhelmed by racing thoughts of not being good enough. I was able to put my emotions aside, come to Jesus, raise my family and write and publish a complete work in one year.
After much thought I decided to go off of Zoloft 3 weeks ago because I feel ready to simply accept me for me. I'm now ready to fully release my anxieties onto my father because he cares for me! I am doing well. Very up and down with emotions but overall feeling in a very good place.
The Challenge:
Do not be afraid to seek help! I was so afraid to ask for help but then my doctor told me Jesus wants us to be balanced enough to be able to share about him and help others. How can we help others if we feel as though we ourselves are drowning? If we are rushed, stressed or unhappy then the light of Jesus gets dimmed. Jesus wants us balanced and if that means getting a doctors help for a short time then that's blessed by God! He is rooting for ya and he knows this world is a tough unruly temporary home to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment