Tuesday, December 5, 2017

589 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ 
-Cherry Picked Scripture- 
Test the spirits to see whether they are from God. 1 John 4:1

In this journey the Lord works on training me to have bullet proof faith. This prepares me with knowledge of truth for the future battles I will face. I remember early on in my journey, in learning to walk with God, I was called a false teacher. At the time it hurt but now looking back I'm so grateful this happened. I now know being a false teacher is incredibly dangerous. I now know what a false teacher is and continue to work with God on personal flaws and weaknesses to become more like Him and less like the world. 
Something that this journey has showed me is Christians can be very quick to judge a persons connection with God. We are to test the spirit but if the person acknowledges Jesus is God and came, died and rose again for our sins then I do not believe this person is a false teacher. I believe these are simply Christian men and women learning to walk with God and hear His voice just like the rest of us! These kind of people are learning to share about Him in an affective way, correct them if you must but please have grace for them too! 
The Challenge:
When you think someone is a false teacher these are five things to ask yourself! 

  1. Does the person pass the testing the spirit test? Test the spirit by asking if they believe Christ is Lord, died and returned in the flesh to forgive us of our sins! 
  2. Is the person focused on biblical truth and continuous study of scripture? A teacher never stops reading or studying God's word! 
  3. Does this persons teaching align with scripture sharing all parts of our sovereign Lord not just cherry picked scripture? - our Lord is the same God in the old testament and New Testament. He is loving but essential to share the truth which is not all make it to heaven!  
  4. Does the person work to please God or man? - Should always be God 
  5. What does the person say about salvation and how to get to heaven? - It should include repentance, acceptance of Jesus as Lord and cleansing of spirit through baptism. 

No comments:

Post a Comment