Thursday, December 21, 2017

594 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ 
*Truth with Love*
Love your neighbor as yourself, there is no greater commandment then these. Mark 12:31

Something interesting evolved on social media this morning. I was doing my usual early morning scrolling when I saw a post that agitated my spirit. I was hesitant to respond but then the Lord whispered, "Share me."
The post was a small cartoon which said, "What to do to your ex." It was of cartoon character performing all different ways to kill the other person. 
People laughed and responded but I said, "I do not find this funny! Killing someone is nothing to joke about." The girl who put out the post immediately unfriended me. She did not even know my reasoning behind sharing. 
I took this as a moment to share with her. I private messaged her on the side explaining I know a person who slayed their ex. I then informed her based upon many of her post I could tell she was hurting. I told her I care about her! She immediately said, "Get a life!" Then she said, "Why do you care about me?" I shared I care because Jesus loves her! I went on to share more about our loving and forgiving father. She removed the post of the cartoon killing its ex within the hour. Praise Jesus! 
The Challenge:
Sometimes the coldest sounding people are the ones looking for simple unconditional love! Just because a person is angry seeming doesn't mean it's time to be snarky back, it actually means it's time to show them kindness! Maybe they haven't felt kindness in a long time! Maybe you can be the one to show them love when many others have failed that test!

No comments:

Post a Comment