Sunday, April 29, 2018

649 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ 
Purple Cross Mission 
Create in me a pure heart, oh God. Psalm 51:10

Along with the sermon yesterday our pastor told every parishioner to take a quarter with them on the way out of church. He wanted us to make a good choice with this quarter. A choice that could possibly make a big impact. 

Tonight at my restaurant (I work at) there is a man (will call him Beny, he is around the age of twenty-six and tonight was his last night. Over the past few months he has decided he needs to take a break and move in a new direction in his life. He calls himself cynical which the definition often means he is distrusting of other humans integrity and sincerity. Too much cynicism can make a person feel negative, tired or annoyed with the world. 
I gave the quarter to Beny tonight. I dropped it in his pocket and said look later. He rolled his eyes and in a untrusting tone he said, “It’s just a quarter, isn’t it?” I smirked and said, “Well yes, but look later, the quarter was given to me by my church and it is suppose to be used in an impactful way.” I said, “I believe in you, you have a good heart, you need to trust that and do something great with it.” I also secretly added in a Purple Cross along with it. Praying for big impact on Beny’s cynical heart! Praying the Lord brings this man rest and understanding of two things! One being that yes man is flawed but we forgive because man often knows not what he does. Second that our Lord is flawless and why he’s the source many cling to for guidance. 
The Challenge: 
Share a single quarter tomorrow and BELIEVE the Holy Spirit will use it to make great impact and purify all Kinds of flawed hearts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment