Tuesday, May 1, 2018

651 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ 
-I can help-
I tell you the truth whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Yesterday, I shared about how the movie, I can Only Imagine, touched my heart. I shared how the lead singer Bart was truly able to take the devastation in his life and turn it into something good which now touches so many lives. 
The other way the movie touched my heart was in a very simple sentence. Bart came home after leaving his fathers house. Bart was still upset with his father for the abuse he put unto him. Something was different though. His father had changed. He learned his father gave his life to God. 
His father began to speak to him and said, “I’m really trying to do the work this time.” “I’m reading things I’ve never read and trying to understand it.” With a defeated posture he then said, “I mean have you read Leviticus?” 
The single sentence that touched my soul was this. Bart looked at his dad and with a slight but confident grin he said, “I can help.” 
This little tiny three word sentence is the reason for this journey. When people come asking questions, about whom God is, I simply want to be ready with their needed answers and able to confidently help! 
The Challenge: 
In helping point others to who God is it does take study, research, scripture reference, prayer and guidance of the holy spirit. Do you feel ready to help like Bart felt ready to help his once abusive dad? 
Side note: 
*** As disciples of God we are all absolutely called to give that confident grin and able to say, “Yes, I can help.”

No comments:

Post a Comment