Monday, July 3, 2017


544 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ 
Turn that finger around. 
Do not judge or you too will be judged . For in the same way you judge others , you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Matthew 7:1-2

I remember back in middle school a girl on our volleyball team was suspended for having a bad attitude. I remember thinking badly of her and thinking it would suck to be her. A few weeks later the volley coach called my parents informing them that I had s bad attitude at practice. I was heart broken. I didn't have a bad attitude but was constantly in fear of people looking at me because my skin was covered in acne. I held my head very down but never meant to appear to have a bad attitude or be defiant in any way. 

It got me thinking how we sometimes think so terribly of others. Take homelessness for example we can sometimes think things like they must be lazy, bad with money or con artist. But in all reality homelessness can happen to anyone. It is happening now at an alarming rate as housing prices are at there all time high! 
Moral of the story is this. We can't point fingers at others because when we do that judgement will come back to bite us. 
The Challenge: 

Instead of pointing a finger pray and gift words of encouragement to those hurting, weak or appearing lost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment