Tuesday, July 18, 2017

552 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ 
Tongues 
Therefore my brothers and sisters be eager to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues. 1 Corinthians 14:39 NIV

Why are people so afraid or disturbed by Christians speaking in tongues? Yes, my journey has in fact brought to this point. You see speaking in tongues is in fact biblical. It truly is a gift gifted to Followers of Christ. Tongues do many things and one of them drives out demons. 
At the event Saturday many around me were speaking in tongues. At the end of the event Christians were praying over each other, placing hands on each other and yes even speaking in loud bold and courageous tongues. 
I stood beside these people feeling the power of the Holy Ghost moving and so present. My whole body trembled which is my sign he's near. 

That night for the second time I woke up from a dream speaking in tongues. I was half in and out of sleep but when I came to I realized I was speaking a foreign language. It rolled so naturally, quietly and elegantly off my tongue. You see God is still working on us even in our sleep. 
The Challenge: 
Do you believe in Christians speaking in tongues? What concerns you about tongues? Do you want this gift poured on to you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment