Wednesday, October 12, 2016

398 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ
*Learn to Slow Down*
"Then they can train the younger woman to love their husbands and children, to be self controlled and pure, to be busy at home" Titus 2 4-5

Somewhere along the way (maybe in the women's lib movement) mothers have been lead to feel guilty for not being a career woman that works outside of the home. Mothers who want to be home with your children have no guilt. It was man that created that restless feeling in you. God is delighted to see you working in your home and being the center for keeping your families grounded.
I've always wanted to be home but there have been many times I felt judged for not continuing a high end fast paced career. Praise Jesus I'm with a man that loves me working from home because my home is where my hearts are!
In being home I was still trying to go with the ways of the world because I wanted it all! Be at home and be a working mama. It worked for some time but now with my children two and four God has said step back work and slow down to simply care for your family. At first I fought him on this but lately I'm embracing his calling and I now have more peace knowing for now I have submitted to what God needs from me at this time.
The Challenge:
Be a Sloth in the world of fast paced rabbits. Our world is turning everyone into walking zombies and robots just trying to keep up. The world constantly says go faster, go faster. This is not what God wants. He wants you to enjoy life, see his blessing and have time to acknowledge his lessons. I saw this picture that I posted on my social media wall. It was of a Sloth with his hand over the finish line. The caption said, "It took me 30 years but I crossed the finish line." If your ever feeling so rushed that your just no longer enjoying life or seeing God Blessings then first learn to say no more often! Then imagine yourself like a sloth in order to teach yourself to just slow down!

No comments:

Post a Comment