Sunday, February 12, 2017

491 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ
*His Guiding Hand*
You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand psalm 16:11

I went running with my son yesterday. This was our first run with him riding his bike alongside me. I loved every second. We even talked on Walkie talkies when he got too far ahead of me.
When we approached this tunnel he said,"Mom I can't, I'm scared." I said, "Son, I am right here, right by your side and you will be okay." As we rode down the hill and into the tunnel, I kept my hand on his back to make him feel safe and know I was there. Once he got to the bottom of the hill in the tunnel he said, "Okay, mom I got this now," and I let my hand off his back but I was still right there behind him.
This made me understand our Lords guidance. You see Jesus guides his children (us) just like this. When we call out for help his hand helps us along. When we say, "Lord I got this,"  he then gives us our freedom but hovers close by. That's just how awesome our Lord is!
The Challenge:
Take a long walk or run and simply imagine Gods hand on your shoulder guiding you. This is a great exercise to feel his closeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment