Tuesday, February 28, 2017

502 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ
*Discipline*
My son, do not despise the Lords discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in. Proverbs 3 11-12

Oh boy I got smacked with a ruler tonight. Not a real ruler but figuratively speaking.  I was scolded and told to take a step back from a project I was trying to organize at my church. I know at church of all places but I'm going to try to think of this as positively as possible.
God made me a doer, a fighter, a go getter which is not how I've always been. I used to be shy, meek and held back what I longed to share. Maybe this was Gods way of lovingly disciplining me. Maybe just maybe it was his only way to tell me to relax, step back and let him work.
It's hard to discern that part. Whether God wants me to keep fighting hard for him or simply step back. I'm not sure but why, thank the Lord, I don't have to know as I'm made only to take one day on at a time. Taking on what comes daily! The good, the bad and the ugly.
The Challenge:
How do you know when God is telling you to move or simply back off?

No comments:

Post a Comment