Thursday, February 8, 2018

616 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ 
-Suffer In Silence Type-
After your season of suffering God in all His glory will restore, confirm, strengthen and establish you. 1 Peter 5:10

How do we know whom real friends are? The amount of years they are in our lives? I’m learning years don’t make one bit of difference. I had a friend of about 17 years delete me last year from Facebook and never give me an explanation or even face to face closure. It hurt. I miss her. What I find remarkable is how people can actually make a judgement call, of this magnitude, based upon technology or even hear say. You see social media does not represent the full picture. In fact studies show only 7% of communication is verbal and 93% of communication is all about the non verbal cues! Something Facebook and social media will always lack! 
This friend did teach me one thing about suffering though. She once texted me and said she’s the, “suffer in silence type.” Maybe, I should be too? I wonder this sometimes but then God reminds me the form of expression I use is what can heal. I cry out through writing, art or movement. If I feel shut down the expression is bigger. We must do the responsibly though. Maybe it’s a balance of being wise in our suffering out-loud or knowing when to hold it in? 
The challenge: 
Do you suffer in silence or do you suffer outloud? Which is the right way to suffer? Is there a right or wrong way?  Bond with a friend today by asking them how they suffer? 

~Jesus did both! He suffered greatly in the desert alone crying out to God but being sacrificed on the cross for all the see was no silent or hidden moment. In fact no one can ever suppress the suffering He did for all of us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment