Monday, February 12, 2018

620 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ 
-Trusting the Spirit-
Do not pass by a man in need, for you may be the hand of God to him. Proverbs 3:27

Sometimes choosing to do what God says is right is not what man says is right. This part can be challenging but I believe God will always protect us when we do make the right decision. 
Tonight at the restaurant I’m working at, for a season, I was bringing cushions from the patio and a man approached me asking if anyone left leftovers he could have. I said I would check. It’s freezing cold outside so I had a hard time turning him away. But is this God? Is God giving me the energy to do a crazy task for Him? I went back out and told him I’d work something together for him. I couldn’t just have him stay outside so I said, “Come in and warm up.” The words came out of me. I couldn’t help it. I ordered my end of night food that I was planning to eat and gave it to him with a Purple Cross of course. 
Management pulled me aside to get answers. I promised I’d never do it again. I hope I didn’t lose my job in feeling lead by spirit. 
The Challenge: 

Listening to God first can even mean losing jobs. What if that was Jesus in disguise asking for help? What if he was watching to see what I would do? Are you willing to lose your job in trusting What God asks of you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment