Saturday, January 7, 2017

473 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ
*Faith in His Answer*
But truly God has listened; He has attended to the voice of my prayer. Psalm 66:19

This is a story about just how funny our Lord can in fact be. I was having cabin fever and needed to get out of the house Friday night.  In my old life when I felt stressed from my week I would go have a few drinks at a bar. Many times more then a few. I'll be honest the way I was feeling I was craving that drink, that release and that feeling of letting go.
So I drove to a local chain steak restaurant. As you all know I'm trying  to give up weekend drinking and drinking in general for now.  I bowed my head and said, "Dear Lord,  I miss you and want to know your with me. Please show me something. If you do not want me to have this drink then let me know."

I then proceeded to walk into the steak house. As I opened the door an awful odor was release. It was awful!! Smelled like flatulence! I immediately felt like leaving but figured it was just in the one area. As I sat in the bar area to eat I began to feel like I was going to gag. The odor was getting worse. I thought should I stay or should I go? Hmmmm... The smell continued to get worse and smelled like a stink bomb mixed with sewage. When I mentioned it to the manger I couldn't help but laugh. It was embarrassing to discuss but I soon realized what was happening. It was a gas leak. Scary stuff but now a days they put odor into gas so it's no longer a silent killer. They called on someone to fixed the problem.
As my asthma began to act up I packed my food up, still gaging and laughing all at once. Laughing because it's quite possible the Lord made me nauseous so I would not buy that drink that I asked him about! I was obedient never got the drink and laughed so hard all the way home. God knew deep belly laughs were what I really needed to satisfy my spirit for the night.
The Challenge:
Our prayers get heard; pray always! Pray and the Lord will lead you. He simply wants you to have faith in how he answers your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment