Wednesday, January 25, 2017

484 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ
*The March*
She looks well †o the ways of her household, and does not eat bread of idleness. Proverbs 31:27

This past weekend was the women's March.  I am sure you all know but I did not march. I stayed home and remained a help meet to my family. I think the best way to share my opinion on this topic is to share the post I posted to my Facebook wall yesterday.

"Okay as a very Christian conservative woman who loves my Jesus I have been in deep thought about the women's march and I believe the Holy Spirit has brought me a bit of clarity, I would like to share and start a healthy discussion. 
I think where the March went wrong is clumping all of women's rights issues into one area. This then brought the extremes out that actually hurt the walk as is offered division and confusion for the other side watching. I'll admit I was confused. I realize that's okay because Yes, it's important for these women to get their point across and be heard but It's also important that they see this way caused confusion for the women of the other side of the line! 
I can back a few concepts of women's rights movement of course, but the others such as abortion I cannot and that only creates division. I think it would be healthier going forward if women stand for one specific topic of women's rights! Walking for one specific right at a time will make things a bIt easier for the other side to maybe gain insight and clarity on what they are fighting for. 
When you go to a restaurant you don't order everything on the menu because you would get sick and the cost is too high. You pick 2 or 3 things to eat. Women's movement is no different. Pick a topic because slushing all of it together only offered confusion and made some from the other side feel sick.. truly. 
Let's face it! The vagina head, naked bodies and nipple tassles did NOT bring clarity to the movement."

The Challenge: 
The Lord calls us to humbly share our opinions and beliefs. Pointing fingers from either side will not bring unity bit only cause more division.  Share ideas but share in a modest, controlled more loving way that never shows an angry side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment