Thursday, January 19, 2017

480 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ
*Purple Cross Mission*
Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. Romans 15:2

It has been an emotional few days. May be the winter blues, may be that I'm having anxiety that my book that I poured my heart and soul into for year and a half is now in publication status which is a very freaky feeling.
Life is a bit at stand still right now more than likely the calm before the storm. Praying a good storm. So as restless as I've been feeling the Lord is in fact keeping me busy with our Purple Cross Mission.
We made up these little valentines gifts with the Purple Cross attached. We went around our neighborhood and today I learned that God has work for us all and it's right next door!
We have an older neighbor named Rich. Very sweet man and always watching over our home in a protective father like way. As he opened the gift I did not expect what was about to happen. I truly did not. He took one look at the cute stuffed animal with our cross and then looked up at me very intensely. He said I have not been well." I said, "I'm so sorry but luckily for us there is no pain in heaven." He then said, "Oh, I won't make it there I have a rocky past."  I quickly perked up realizing the Holy Spirit brought me straight to this man for this very purpose on this very day! "I said Rich, you know the second you ask God for forgiveness your forgiven immediately?" He then said, "Oh no I'm atheist I don't believe in that supernatural stuff." The Lord guided me to say a few more quick things but the most important thing he led me to do was to tell this hopeless hurting man simply, I Love you. I gave him a squeeze on the arm and said I'm here to talk about God if you ever want to.
I left the encounter shedding tears and knowing I'll be praying for him. The power of this Purple Cross and the way it opens up conversation about Jesus is truly remarkable!
The Challenge:
Share our simple cross with your neighbor. We don't have to go so far to share the gospel. God put you right in the path of your neighbors to share about his glorious favor. Believe me when I say God opens up the conversation you don't even have to feel that awkward feeling of what do I do or what do I say! It all flows with the Purple Cross!  💜

No comments:

Post a Comment