Monday, January 30, 2017

488 Days Saved - Walk with Christ
*Fearfully Made*
I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalms 139:14

I was at the grocery store the other day. There is this young handsome man who is always there working. He looks a little like Elvis Priestly. I asked him one day, "Has anymore ever told you you look like Elvis." He smiled and said, "No, but I do get 'The Fonz' often." As I began to take my cart to leave I said to the young man,"Well, you better be doing good things with those good looks buddy." I then gave him a big smile and he laughed.
This experience got me thinking about how the earthly world focuses so much on beauty and good looks. God gifts these things in hopes that people will do good things but often they are used wrongly.
A few great men who use their God given good looks for good are Tim Tebow and Kurt Warner! These men are the Godly men other men should to aspire to emulate.  Marcus Rogers is a young pastor who knows he use to not use his good looks and charm for Gods glory. He now knows that using his looks for Gods glory is of much more value then charming and snaking in women.
The Challenge:
Gifted with external beauty then use it for Gods glory and not worldly glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment