Wednesday, January 3, 2018

597 Days Saved -A Walk with Christ 
-Pleasing to God-
Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people I would not be a servant of Christ. Galatians 1:10

Today I worked so hard at learning to edit my own videos. I feel completely drained but I do not want to forget to fill myself back up and the way I do this by reading some gospel and listening to inspiring YouTube videos before I head to bed.
Tonight I focused on the story of Jonah. This book in the Bible has many lessons but one stuck out in my mind. Jonah was afraid to look like a fool so he ran from God. God stalked Him because He needed to use Jonah for greater good. Jonah proclaimed to the city of nenivah they would be over thrown in 40 days unless they repented. Well the people repented and the city was not destroyed by God.  
Although we prophesy for the Lord those prophesies may not come true because the Lord is in control and working things for the greater good not just our selfish good. Jonah may have looked like an idiot before man because the town repented and the city was never overthrown like he claimed but you see God saw Him as wise for being obedient! His obedience is what saved the city. 
The Challenge: 
Pleasing man verse pleasing the Lord looks very different! It's possible for you to be very pleasing to the Lord all the while looking shameful before man! Please share an example today in your journal about a time you were pleasing to God but not pleasing to man! 

No comments:

Post a Comment