Tuesday, January 23, 2018

605 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ 
Cuss words
Thy shalt not take the name of the Lord your God in vain. Exodus 20:7

This week on my social media wall I asked this question:  What would you do if someone you just met constantly uses the word 'Jesus Christ,' as a cuss word?
I got so much feedback on this post. Comments ranged from tell them you don't like it to saying, "where is He at?"

After thinking on all the comments and praying I have come up with a plan of action the next time someone uses my Lords name in vain. 

"I'm going to give it a bit more time and like one of my followers said say something like "oh bananas" to replace cuss words and see if it catches on.  If it continues I'm going to simply ask if she knows who Jesus is....    Take it as an opportunity to share about Him. Then ask if she uses his name to cry out to him for help or using it as a cuss word...?  this will make her think on it for herself. Jesus spoke in parables so he wanted people to think on things for themselves as that brings enlightenment. Then I'll reply accordingly probably saying - He's my Lord and my everything why I'm passionate...
The Challenge: 

What will you do the next time someone uses Jesus Christ in place of a cuss word? 

No comments:

Post a Comment