Sunday, September 11, 2016

372 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ 
*Enjoy Hs Goodness* 
“I come that you may have and enjoy life and have it in abundance, until it overflows. John 10:10 

Today did not go as expected. Yes it's true I'm a control freak and I'm sure you may have picked that up by now. I like to have a routine with hints of surprises. High maintenance? Yes.... Maybe but you know what my lord always fills my cup. 
We woke up and the entire day was unexpected! Pretty much nothing went as planned but then after fighting with my husband we both had to just surrender and give the day over to the lord.
God lead us on a challenging  journey today but to be honest some of the stress actually took our minds off of our own drama. We ended our afternoon with a picnic and sticking our feet in the river in Golden, CO. As uptight and stressed as we were about non of our plans falling in place, in this moment, I recognized our fathers guidance on our life. 
There was a sweet dog that played with my two children. They would throw his frisbee into the water, he would chase it and then bring it back to my kids. Each time the dog would bring it back to a different child to ensure they shared. It was the sweetest thing. This dog taught us the importance of just being still and recognizing these peaceful and sweet little moments, designed by God, as his little wink to suggest, "Hey I came so you can simply enjoy the beautiful moments this life bares." 
The Challenge: 

Many days will not go as planned but maybe just maybe God is working to get you to a safe place where you can just sit, be still and appreciate the goodness that overflows. 



No comments:

Post a Comment