Tuesday, September 27, 2016

384 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ
*Slow Down*
"Be still before the lord and wait patiently for him." Psalm 37:7

My first year of walking with Christ was very intense.  I needed and wanted it to be intense and I truly felt God daily. I felt him because I looked for him daily. This year God is slowing me down! I thought I was listening and learning how to go slow but then a few things occurred this week. I now know God is not only slowing me down but he is calling for us all to slow down together! 

We went to Iowa and the second night we were there my two year old baby fell off a chair at the restaurant and broke her collar bone. This kept us pretty confined to the hotel. As I looked around I noticed God slowed everyone down around me. My hometown of Cedar Rapids, IA was flooding.  The river was flooding over and into the city, so all schools and many businesses were closed for the week. My niece was having some asthma problems and my best friend was wobbling around as she had knee surgery a few weeks ago. 
The Challenge: 
Sometimes God uses drastic measures to tell us to slow down! Rushing around with our heads cut off is not of the lord. The lord wants us to enjoy! Enjoy our families and not feel so rushed and stressed out! Gods asking us all to slowwww down. Find ways to slow down this week. Most importantly cut some worldly things out in order to fit in spending more time with God and your beautiful families!

No comments:

Post a Comment