Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Day 380 of My Spiritual Life Journey: 
*A Child Knows*
"Truly I tell you unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Mathew 18:13

Why is it that as adults we tend to become so stubborn? This is exactly why God calls us to be like children. When I was in kindergarten our teacher asked us to draw a picture of what we wanted to be when we grew up. I drew a picture of an Artist sitting in front of an isle and I still have the picture. My little heart knew what my soul craved. 
As I got older I became stubborn. Art, painting, dancing and drawing just wasn't the cool thing to do. In my town it was all about who the academic and sports stars were. Great for them but not so great for me. 
This was Satans little trap on me and the way to keep me from doing the things I loved so much... He kept me busy with worldly things, what the world thought was the thing to do, all the while I kept getting further and further away from the gifts God had originally poured in to me. 
The Challenge:
Yesterday, I took time to sit down and pull out my old passion of drawing. I drew this picture of Jesus and it made my soul sing. What made your soul sing as a child will still make your soul sing as an adult! So today get rid of your stubbornness and do something that you once loved to do as a child! God gleams when we begin to look at life through our child like perspective once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment