Saturday, September 24, 2016

383 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ
*Serve Each Other*
"Serve one another in love." Galatians 5:13

I've been studying the book of James as suggested by my dad. James emphasis the importance of serving our lord. When we serve our lord we learn how to better serve and love each other.

My hometown in Iowa called Cedar Rapids is about to have a record breaking flood occur in a few days. In 2008 most of the city along the Iowa River went completely under. We never thought we would see another flood like this but the river is flooding once again.
As me and my sister drove around the city today we saw the city come together. Volunteer all over the city were filling and placing sand bags around stores. They were also all helping each other move furniture to higher ground. I know devastation is coming but today I saw God! I saw people serving, loving and helping each other in a time of need. Life is a whole lot easier when we come together instead of being a part!
The Challenge:
Serve! Find a way this week to serve your city. Volunteer or even get more involved in serving at your church.

No comments:

Post a Comment