Sunday, August 26, 2018

689 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ 
-Humbling Roles-
Humble yourselfs, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that in proper time he may exalt you. 1 Peter 5:6 ESV

Humility. I am getting an extra dose of learning about humility and humbling thy self down in this season of life. Sometimes in life the Lord will put us in positions we personally would not choose. This will force us to learn how to be more humble. A position we think we deserve may not be the position God needs us to work. 
I was hostessing the other night at my job for a season. I prefer operating the board and delegating which tables need cleaned but because they have noticed I am quicker at bussing tables, then some, the manager had me bussing. The Lord has really humbled me down and I know this is where he needs me to be for now. This job has taught me so much about humility.  
The Challenge: 
Have you ever felt like your more deserving of a title or role then the one given to you? Maybe God needs you in that certain role in order for you to understand humility. One of the greatest lessons the Bible teaches is about humility. If God’s willing to work on your heart then we should step into those humbling roles with a big ol smile because he cares enough to help us change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment