Thursday, November 3, 2016

417 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ 
*Wisdom Comes at Night*
"Wisdom is better than strength" Ecclesiastes 9:16

I was sitting on my patio sketching while watching my children. I decided to sketch the owl who inspired me last night. 
About a day ago I asked God to make me feel special and send something my way. I do not do this too often because I know I can't test him but I do faithfully believe in the verse ask and you shall receive. So I asked and as usual he sent a wink.
I have this owl that comes to visit me a few times a year. He comes around when I ask. Last night I randomly woke up in the middle of the night. I heard a hoo sound. I listened and heard the owl again outside my window. I know it's sounds strange but with my childlike faith I know my owl was sent at this perfect time to touch my heart and say hello from above. I felt so joyful, smiled and faded back to sleep.
I once asked my friend what to pray for when others are struggling she said for their strength. Strength is important yes but with strength we must also pray for their wisdom. Wisdom helps us feel more connected to where we are heading after this life. The owl has always represented wisdom and I believe the Holy Spirit shared much wisdom with me, last night, in between my sleep. 
The Challenge: 
Pray for strength but most importantly pray for wisdom to discern what the Holy Spirit is working to share with you. First practice by seeing God in the simplest of things like a sweet owl who hoo's outside your window. 


No comments:

Post a Comment