Thursday, November 24, 2016

435 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ
*Taking Flight*
And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38

I was asked last night by my brother in law how it all came about that I was saved. I told him that it was a mixture of feeling incomplete and feeling completely in awe of our Lord and all the prayers he answered for me.
My brother told me he remembered a time when I was going with the ways of the world and emerging who I was with the men that I dated. He was worried he offended me but I was not offended one bit. A part of my ministry work and shedding my cocoon is being completely vulnerable and honest with who I was and woman I am evolving to be.
My times as a caterpillar had expired and I accepted my wings at age thirty three!
Did you know that Jesus himself began his ministry at age thirty? Before then he was observing and preparing.  He too was once a caterpillar and when he finally felt ready he exploded out of his cocoon, was granted his wings and fulfilled a great prophesy of changing the world!
The Challenge:
A simple question - Are you slugging along observing like a caterpillar, preparing in your cocoon or are you fully now ready to evolve into a butterfly and take flight?


No comments:

Post a Comment