Saturday, November 12, 2016

424 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ
*Stay a bit*
"Show your fear of God by standing up in the presence of elderly people and showing respect for the aged." Leviticus 19:32

It was one of those days yesterday where I knew I needed to get out. All the drama being played out on social media makes me want to retreat to the mountains.
I packed up my kiddos and headed up the mountain to Idaho Springs, CO! I love this peaceful sleepy mountain town. I always buy my favorite hand made soap, pick up a few little cross gifts and we eat ice cream. It's a dreamy way to spend the day!
As I walked down the sidewalk with my children we noticed an elderly woman sitting outside of the retirement home. I said hello.
Now normally I say hello and keep walking but the Holy Spirit said, "stay, sit down and enjoy her company." She gave my son a dime and my daughter a necklace. I thought we would make her day but her love made mine! We stayed for a bit and then as we said good bye I had my son give her a new Lavender soap I had just bought. It felt good to teach my children to enjoy Gods people instead of always passing them by.
The Challenge:
Try to stop rushing past people instead take time to meet them! God just may show you something incredible through that stranger you had planned to just walk by.

No comments:

Post a Comment