Sunday, November 20, 2016

431 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ
*Salvation Produces Works*
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves. It is the gift of God, Not of works. Ephesians 2:8-9

My Facebook friend Courtney posted this on her wall today.
"Salvation produces works, works do not produce salvation."

The thing I hear most, when people internally roll eyes at Jesus, is that we get to Heaven through being a good person and doing good things. This is where the enemy has created confusion. If this was the case one would go crazy wondering how many good works it takes to get to heaven. Here is the truth! There will never be enough good works for us to do to equate to what eternal bliss is valued at!
For this reason Jesus came for us. He is our light up on a hill! When salvation is gained by accepting Christ, as our savior, it is then our heart changes! It is then, not about saying to God, "God, I did all these things now you owe me eternal life." Rather one says,"Lord thank you, thank you, thank you for the gift of salvation. I'm humbled before you; now lead my way and show me what your will here on earth shall be!
The Challenge:
Are you trying to buy your way into heaven through good works or does your heart want to do good works because how humbling is the Grace God pours out unto your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment