Friday, December 2, 2016

442 Days Saved - Learning to walk with Christ
*Ditch the Binge*
And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the spirit. Ephesians 5:18

I'm going through another growth period! I had so much peace and then boom yesterday was like a truck hit me! Smirking here as challenges just don't phase me like they use to. The Lord convicted my heart!
I have always been honest here and today is no different. As I gather up the courage to share this I pray this change in me helps change in others struggling with addictions.
Since this journey the Lord has convicted my heart of drinking and my old party ways. I eased in by trying to not socially drink for a year but then I was still drinking on the weekends from time to time.  I would drink alone at home, or with those I trusted so no one would see me and mock me. It doesn't matter if it is done loudly or quietly no matter what it was still hurting my testimony! It hurts our life and others who watch us when we indulge.
So last night I was convicted and the Lord spoke! I was scared as I have been avoiding this moment but it's time! I am officially giving up alcohol for good! I thought I would feel scared to share this but I actually feel delivered, set free and very empowered!
The Challenge:
Is it your time to #Riseup and ditch the binge cycle? Weekly binge habits still affect the mind, body and spirit! Man says it's no big deal but God says different! He says, "It steals lives!" *Something I personally want no part in!



No comments:

Post a Comment