Wednesday, December 21, 2016

458 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ
*Wings*
God I have put my faith in you. Show me the way and I shall go. Psalms 143:8

There was once a caterpillar named Winnie. She sat on a tree branch waiting and waiting to become a butterfly. As she looked up at the sun she dreamed of flying towards the sun with the birds and following the way the wind moves her.
Then one day came and the caterpillar turned into a butterfly. She was so happy to see her glorious wings granted from her creator above! As she was about to take off the tree that she was nested in said wait, "Where are you going?" Caterpillar said, "I am now a butterfly, so now I must follow my calling and fly." The tree said, No, you look like a butterfly but at heart you are just a caterpillar; it's best you stay here."
The truth is the tree was jealous of his wings. Sadly the butterfly listened and as days went by she cried because he was bored in the tree, she was made to fly and explore! After much thought the caterpillar got the courage to say to the tree, "I am no longer a caterpillar for I am now a butterfly!" "I must go but I wish you well."
The butterfly flew gracefully up to the sky to follow the birds and move with the wind. She felt free, she felt alive and she felt like her true self! She was now the butterfly she was made and born to become!
The Challenge:
When you finally become a butterfly don't let anyone tell you you will always just be a caterpillar! You were granted your wings for a purpose so now..... Go fly!


No comments:

Post a Comment