Saturday, December 31, 2016

468 Days Saved - A Walk with Christ
*Shorter Than expected*
The pain that you are feeling can't compare to the joy that is coming. Romans 8:18

My son the other day was telling me how he's not friends with one of his best friends anymore. He said it so matter of fact. I asked, "Well, are you okay with that?" He thought about it and said yes it's okay mom,  he now just plays on a different playground."
Don't we all wish life could be this simple? Instead of looking at losing friends as a death you simply think oh it's okay they are just playing on a different playground.
I remember when I was about nine I got in a fight with my best friend Amy.  We started being friends when we were two and I thought we would be friends forever.  That day we ended our friendship.  I wish I had my sons child like perspective but even then my sensitive heart beat slower. I laid on the couch balling my eyes out not knowing if I should keep trying or just let go. Her mom rang the doorbell that day to offer me klenexes and a hug. I don't think she ever knew how much that comforted my heart. In that moment we both knew me and Amy's sweet friendship was over but now looking back that warm hug and Kleenex box were indeed my closure.
I am now 35 and going through the same feelings with another friend. This time I know this; It's the heart aches that mold and shape us and where there is pain there will one day be immeasurable joy. God will deliver us from all sadness one day.
The Challenge:
Ever lose a best friend? It's painful but I do believe it's apart of growth and moving forward in this glorious life. Don't be angry or bitter when a friend leaves simply be happy about the moments you once had together. It's a blessing to have some people in our lives even if it's shorter than expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment